The Wonderful World of Food


Ah, food. What would I do without it? I've gotten so addicted to it my body gets rounder and rounder. We all know food is essential to man's survival. However, some people, especially big-time chefs or restaurant owners, take food to the next level. What really makes food by them so special? They claim it is because of their company secret, such as KFC's chicken recipe. Whatever the case, food is loved by everyone. Now, let me share some of my favorite foods.

(Note: The following are not arranged according to rank.)

1) Burgers
The burger. A complete (or not-so-complete, depending on the ingredients) meal rolled into one package. It's easy to carry, quite filling, and somewhat cheap, making it popular to students and other people who are always on-the-go. Also, it's quite delicious, although its tastiness depends on the maker. People have their own preferences of the burger. What are my preferences, you ask? Well, I like mine flame-grilled, with no veggies and lots of tomato ketchup and cheese. In any case, the burger is very popular today and will stay popular until the future.


2) Pizza
Pizza is one of my all-time favorites. The soft, warm mozzarella, the tangy tomato sauce, the yummy pepperoni, it seems that everything about the pizza is just perfect. Who would ever forget their first experience with pizza? When I was a kid, my dad brought home a box of the local pizza (I forgot the name). When I took my first bite, that was when it all began.  You may think that an elegant food equals an elegant origin. Well, you thought wrong. Actually, pizza started out as food for the poor and the homeless. Eventually, its popularity among the people grew, being known by nobles and commoners alike. As time moved on and on, it has now become the legendary pizza we all know and love.

3) Pasta

Italian food never ceases to wonder, especially pasta. I absolutely love it. It’s simple to prepare, and it’s very filling. There are many varieties of pasta, from fettucini to ravioli, but my favorite is spaghetti, especially when cooked either with tomato sauce and meatballs or ala carbonara. I love it when my mom cooks spaghetti. I’m always the first to get some, so don’t expect the spaghetti bowl to remain full when I’m around. By the time you get another plate, it’ll already be half-empty.

4) Filipino food
Last but not the least, we have Filipino food. Being a Filipino myself, it would be disrespectful to my culture for me not to include this. But, I didn’t place Filipino food just for the sake of it. In fact, almost all of my favorite dishes are from the Philippines. As they say, a Filipino isn’t a Filipino if he didn’t get a taste of balut, or any other Filipino dishes, such as kare-kare (ox tail, tripe and veggies cooked in peanut sauce), sinigang (meat, either fish or pork, and vegetables cooked in sour broth) and the national dish, adobo (chicken, beef or pork cooked in soy sauce and vinegar; shown above). For those out there who don’t know what balut is or what it looks like, here is a picture.


Basically it’s a fertilized duck egg with the chick still whole inside. Sure, it looks disgusting, but, as they say, never judge a book by its cover. It actually tastes good, especially when you add some salt (but not too much, or it would ruin the flavor). Aside from the well-known dishes such as adobo, bulalo, and many others, there are also many lesser-known exotic dishes here, such as dinakdakan, adobong aso (yep, that’s right, dog meat cooked a la adobo), and soup #5 (a soup of the “family jewels” of a bull).

What’s my favorite Filipino dish, you ask? Well, it’s hard to say, considering that I like almost all Filipino dishes, although I do prefer sinigang, grilled meat and seafood, and adobo.

There you have it, some of my favourite foods. I hope you enjoyed viewing this post, and until then, see you!


Where I Got the Pics:

0 responses:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons Licence
Elevator Music by Marc Pulmano is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at classicalsixstring.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at classicalsixstring.blogspot.com.